Sunday, August 17, 2008

Tantra & the business of yoga

Morning Light in Park Roosevelt, Uruguay, photo by Martin Herrera

"Worldly success is not an obstacle to spiritual growth; on the contrary it is the ground for spiritual success, because those who are without worldly means and resources have little time and energy for spiritual endeavors"

Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Tantra Unveiled

It finally happened. I reached a point where I forgot why I loved the Yogi Incubator. For the last two months, with permission from my "inner boss", I haven't even tried to write a newsletter or update the website. I only responded to inquiries and put on hold all my efforts to seed and continue developing my business. And I redirected my energy to establishing roots here in Uruguay, beautifying our new home and starting a corporate mindfullness consulting company here.

Was it worth it? Absolutely yes! Though I could have forced myself to keep going, what's the point of getting things done if you are not engaged? Why would I want to share anything that is not soaked in love and enthusiasm?

I have recently returned from a trip to the US East Coast. I went to New York to work with my business partner and to Pennsylvania to take part on the Himalayan Institute year-long Akhanda Japa meditation. I came back with my business, action-oriented side, fully recharged, my suitcase full from too much shopping and my soul soothed in ways that I can't find language to describe.

And slowly but surely, it came to me why I love this job: because the Yogi Incubator is not only my business, it is who I am. Steeped on a tantric world view, in which material success is not only compatible with your spiritual quest but an integral part of it, I offer tools and techniques to help yoga teachers thrive while making this world a better place. It's the best possible use for all I learned while traveling 1 million miles and working long hours for one of the most successful enterprises in the history of mankind (though I am a Mac user today, I cannot deny Microsoft's contribution to the massification of technology).

To celebrate I invite you to join me in one of my future events. In addition to the teleclasses, I will be in the US teaching or assisting in 3 different opportunities. I would love to see you.

It's good to be back.
To your thriving,
Clara

No comments: